Implement a Membership Plan Now to Jump Start Your Dental Practice When the COVID-19 Crisis Lifts
Sweeping dental practice closures due to the COVID-19 crisis have created a backlog of patients with dental care treatment needs, from preventative to restorative and cosmetic. When practice doors re-open, patients will want to address their oral care needs, but they will be sensitive to price due to job, salary and benefit cuts.
As dental practices prepare to re-open, having an expertly designed and priced membership plan will be critical. Patients will seek budget-friendly care options, and dentists will seek ways to jump start their practices with additional streams of revenue.
This article explores how implementing a membership plan now as part of your COVID-19 recovery strategy will help you bounce back when the crisis lifts.
- COVID-19 has created a record 26.8 million U.S. jobless claims as of April 23, 2020, leaving many patients uninsured and many others feeling financially insecure
- Cost and coverage are the primary reasons uninsured patients avoid the dentist
- Membership plans create a mutually beneficial relationship between patients and practices
- Membership plan patients visit two to three times more than uninsured patients and generate twice the revenue
- Start a successful membership plan following 12 best practices from Kleer